Tuesday, April 17, 2007

MY STORY

(Mini Series Version):

I fondly consider myself a 26-year-old woman trapped in a 56-year-old body (which means I am actually 56 years old). Although in relatively good health, since my early twenties I have been plagued with "things" ... skin and respiratory allergies, chronic sinus infections, and stomach disorders head the list. After years of doctors and prescription drugs (which I generally was allergic to as well), in December of 1995 I found Dr. Edward Garzbach, a doctor of holistic medicine, who started me on my 'holistic' way of living. I was under his care for a year when my husband decided he wanted to move back to his homeland (Greece) where we have lived for the last ten years.

Greece was medical doctors, prescription drugs, personal care products with chemical preservatives, and for the next seven-and-a-half years my sister was shipping supplements and natural personal care items to Greece for me.

Then, when I hit my 50's new 'things' began to appear. Aching joints, back pain, knee creaking’s, etc., etc. Well, I can tell you that the 26-year-old was really disgusted with this 50+-year-old body!

One day, about three years ago my husband walked in with a bottle of Aloe Vera Gel and announced that 'we' would start drinking it. I thought to myself, unless he has a 'mouse' in his pocket, I don't know who the 'we' is 'cause I certainly am not going to drink the stuff! I told him that he was crazy ... I had enough problems and I certainly did not need to add one more 'cause of allergies' to my list!

A couple of months later, a friend of mine, Angela, came over for coffee. She saw the bottle of Aloe on the counter and was so excited ... asked if I drank it ... I said 'no' ... my husband does ... and she proceeded to tell me that she suffered from migraines, circulatory problems, etc., etc., and that the juice had been a ‘God send' for her.

Still a disbeliever, I still wouldn't drink it. I had another friend, Eva, though, who suffered from migraines. So, I packed up the literature I had, sent it to her and told her what Angela had told me. A few months went by and my husband and I met Eva and her husband for dinner. Eva thanked me for the literature, told me she had contacted the rep and purchased the Aloe Vera Gel and 'no more migraines.' Said she felt great, had not had as much as a headache since drinking the juice and had more energy than ever (this woman has four kids and a Greek husband so you can imagine her need for energy!)

Needless to say, as soon as we returned home from dinner, I jumped on the internet and did a search on "Aloe Vera." I was awake all night reading everything I could find on Aloe Vera! My favorite site today is Aloe Vera Benefits . Although I was still a bit sceptical, the next morning I started drinking the juice, contacted the rep, and made an appointment to find out more about the company, products, etc.

After meeting with the rep I was the happiest woman on the planet. The company was Forever Living Products, and their products were distributed through Network Marketing (my second love in the world ... I loved the philosophy of Network Marketing, had looked into several NM companies that were in Greece, and had yet to find a company that was a good 'fit' for me). I ordered the entire 'start up package (they also have personal care products, bee products, skin care products and I think they're the only company on the planet who have 'make-up' that is Aloe Vera based). I began drinking their product called "Freedom" which is for joints, bones and knees in general.

Within a month, I felt like a new person! Joint, back, knees were all working properly and I felt better than I had in years! For what seems like my entire life, I would be on my back in bed for at least 10 days twice a year (spring and fall) with a chronic sinus infection and it would take at least six weeks to fully recuperate. Two years later, no more sinus infections!

The 26-year-old is soooo happy!

FLP offers seminars on health and nutrition and the speaker in Greece is, George Konteas, a Doctor of Alternative Medicine and Clinical Nutritionist. He speaks twice a month in Greece. I began following his seminars and have become a missionary of Aloe Vera in Greece (and am now on my way to enlightening my USA friends).

I don't know if this will work for you or not, but what if it does? What if it works for you the way it did for me? Would you want to try it then? In fact, I liked the product so much I decided to become an independent distributor and make it available to other people like me. So, what do you think? Would you like to try this out to see if it works for you?

No comments: